a challenge to 'love mercy, seek justice and walk humbly with our God.' Micah 6:8
What does this branch do?
Mothers' union is an international Christian Charity that seeks to support families worldwide. It is open to all, married, single, men and women.
This branch is a group who meet together to support this aim and serve Christ in our own community.
We meet on the first Thursday of each month for a varied programme.
New members are always welcome
Further information from Olwen Fowler 0151 281 0799
What are the Mothers' Union's aims?
The Mothers' Union aims for the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of mariage and family life. In order to carry this out they
- Uphold Christ's teaching on the nature of marriage and promote its wider understanding
- Encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith an life of the church
- Maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- Promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- Help those whose family life has met with adversity
What does the Mothers' Unions do?
With 4 million members working in 83 countries, Mothers' Union is passionate about caring for families all around the world.
Their work includes;
- Programmes: a diverse range of programme meets the needs of people within local communities - from entrepreneur training, health education, parenting and relationship education provision, to teddies for children experiencing stress or trauma - the programmes are designed to meet the needs of people at the local level.
- Internationally, nationally and at the local level, their policy work challenges root causes of injustice and works for better conditions in society for children and families.
- All of their work is underpinned by the Christian faith of our members
For more information go to the national website or contact June Houghton.
For more information on the St Michael's branch please contact
Olwen Fowler 0151 281 0799